Make A Minecraft Server With Hamachi
Minecraft servers can be a tedious procedure. You can make a Minecraft server with Hamachi. Follow the simple steps below
Download the Hamachi client
To free download Hamachi
Click on "Unmanaged download" (For the Logmein link, the second one you can download directly) and install Hamachi.
Create a Network
- Once the "LogMeIn Hamachi" client is open, click the power button in the upper right corner.
- Once the client is ready, click on the "Network" tab, and click "Create a New Network".
- Type in a Network ID (name of the network) and Password. (Password is optional) The Network ID and Password is what people will use to join the network.
- Now click create, and you will see a new tab that says the ID name. You have how created a network.
Set up the Server
- After you have created a network with Hamachi, go to Minecraft http://www.minecraft.net/, click on "Download", then and find the "Minecraft_Server.exe" click on that (if you are running windows) and download it.
- Create a new folder on your desktop and call it whatever you like. (this folder will keep track of your server stats)
- Drag the "Minecraft_Server.exe" into the new folder, and open the application.
- Once the application loads, close the application. Then you will notice new icons in your folder.
- Click on the server properties file and open it with notepad.
- Ignore everything else at the moment (you can change it all later) and for the space that says "server-ip" type in the ip that is shown on hamachi. (example, 3.557.185.594) Now change any other properties and click "save.
Join The Server
- Launch "Minecraft_Server.exe" and wait for the spawn to load. When it says "done", you are ready to play.
- Now leave the Minecraft_Server.exe open, and type in the ip on Minecraft. The server should now work.
Play with friends. All your friends have to do is get Hamachi.
- Click "Join existing Network"
- Type in the Network ID and Password you have made, and type in the ip on minecraft. You have now created a server.
- Only let people you trust on the server.
- Type in /help to see a list of commands.
- Become an admin by going on Minecraft_Server.exe and typing in:
- op (insert name here)
- After done building on the server, if you are op, type in the chat /save-all to save your progress, or else your work may be lost.