How To Use Smart Switch - Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Learn how to use smart switch on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S. You can transfer data of the previous device to a new device via Smart Switch (for mobiles and computers).
Note: Samsung Smart Switch is not supported on some devices or computers.
Using Smart Switch Mobile
Use this app to transfer data from your previous iPhone or Android device to your new device. You can download the app from Samsung Apps or Play Store.
- On your device, tap Smart Switch Mobile.
- On your device, select an option depending on the previous device type and follow the on-screen instructions. If the previous device is an Android device, ensure that the Smart Switch Mobile app is installed on the device.
Using Smart Switch with computers
Use this feature to import a backup of your data (from selected manufacturers mobile devices) from a computer to your device. You can download the app from "Samsung."
- Back up data from a previous device to the computer. For more information, contact the devices manufacturer.
- On the computer, launch Smart Switch.
- Connect your current device to the computer using the USB cable.
- On the computer, click the manufacturer of the previous device and follow the on-screen instructions to transfer data to your device.
This guide will work on all Samsung Galaxy Tab S's; including Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5.