How To Use Music Player - Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Learn how to use music player on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. Your phone has a built-in music player that lets you play all your favorite tracks.
To play a song:
- Touch Music icon.
- Touch a song or touch an album or genre and then touch a song in the list of songs on the album. The song you touch starts to play. Unless you choose a repeat option, the tracks in the current list play in order until the end of the list is reached. Otherwise, playback stops only if you stop it, even when you switch applications.
Accessing the Music App
If you navigate away from the Music application and music is playing, the Music notification icon is displayed in the System Bar. You can change songs or easily return to Music:
- Touch the top of the screen and swipe downward. The Notification Panel displays.
- Touch the song thumbnail to display the Music player. You can also pause and resume playback and skip to the next or previous song in the panel. For more information, refer to "Notifications ."
When a song is playing, the Music screen displays and various controls are available.
- Touch Music icon.
- Touch a song or playlist to begin playback. The music player displays below the music listing.
- Touch the song thumbnail to enlarge the music player.
The following Music controls are available:
- Samsung Link icon: Streams the current music file to another device via Samsung Link.
- Volume icon: Volume control and SoundAlive.
- Mute icon: Volume control showing volume muted.
- Volume Control icon: Touch the Volume control and then touch to view and set SoundAlive options.
- Favorite icon: Assign the current song as a Favorite.
- Playlists icon: Lists the current playlist songs.
- Rewind icon: Touch and hold to rewind the song. Touch to go to previous song.
- Pause icon: Pause the song.
- Play icon: Start the song after pausing.
- Fast-Forward icon: Touch and hold to fast-forward the song. Touch to go to next song.
- Shuffle icon: Shuffles the current list of songs randomly.
- Shuffle Off icon: Songs play in order and are not shuffled.
- List icon: Plays the entire song list once.
- Replay icon: Replays the current list when the list ends.
- Repeat icon: Repeats the currently playing song.
Options While Playing a Song
There are various options and controls available while a song is playing:
- Touch Music icon, touch a song or an album, and then a song.
- Touch the music player to enlarge it.
- Touch Menu icon to display the following options:
- Via Bluetooth: Play the current song by using a Bluetoothdevice.
- Add to playlist: Add the song to a new playlist or an existingplaylist.
- Set as alarm tone: Use the current song as analarm tone.
- Settings: Displays Music app settings.
- Details: View song details.
- End: End the Music app.
This guide will work on all Samsung Galaxy Tabs; including Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1.