Samsung Galaxy S6 And S6 Edge Official Support Pages Appear
The highly-anticipated Galaxy S6 and its alleged double-curved variant have been gathering so much interest that our news section has practically been overflowing with leaks and little bits and pieces of information.
But while the amount of leaks is staggering those coming from Samsung itself are rather limited. We today we've got one of those rare occurrences where the Koreans didn't successfully keep their next flagship under wraps.
The new puzzle piece in the Galaxy S6 mystery holds little additional information, but is a serious teaser none the less. It appears that while the Korean tech giant is keeping silent about its next flagship the process of updating webpages for the release has already begun. Two rather empty such pages have surfaced on the manufacturer's official Swedish and Finnish websites that seem to bear the model numbers of the future flagship and its edged variant.
Based on earlier leaks the Galaxy S6, should bear the model SM-G920X, while the Galaxy S Edge or Galaxy S6 Edge, whichever turns out to be the final name, will most likely be formally called SM-G925X. These are supposedly the European variants of the handsets.
Here's the full list of leaked Galaxy S6 model numbers:
- Zero-F US - VERIZON SM-G920V_NA_VZW
- Zero US - AT&T SM-G925A_NA_ATT
- Zero EUR - OPEN SM-G925F_EUR_XX
- Zero-F CA (Canada) - BELL MOBILITY SM-G920W8_NA_BMC
- Zero-F US - SPRINT PCS SM-G920P_NA_SPR
- Zero CA - BELL MOBILITY SM-G925W8_NA_BMC
- Zero US - VERIZON SM-G925V_NA_VZW
- Zero-F - EUR OPEN SM-G920F_EUR_XX
- Zero US - T-MOBILE (US) SM-G925T_NA_TMB
- Zero US - SPRINT PCS SM-G925P_NA_SPR
- Zero US - US CELLULAR SM-G925R4_NA_USC
- Zero-F US - AT&T SM-G920A_NA_ATT
- Zero-F US - US CELLULAR SM-G920R4_NA_USC
- Zero-F US - T-MOBILE (US) SM-G920T_NA_TMB
An prior leaks claim that these are, indeed, two of the upcoming models. We can therefore make a somewhat educated guess that these, indeed, are placeholder pages for the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge, both of which are due to be announced at Samsung's Unpacked event on March 1.