How To Use Internet Browser - Samsung Galaxy S5
Learn how to use Internet Browser on your Samsung Galaxy S5. This section allows you to modify settings associated with using your web browser.
- From the main Settings screen, tap Internet icon.
- Tap Account to sign on to your Samsung account if you have not already done so. You will need to do this if If you want to sync your bookmarks and open pages with
other devices. For more information, refer to Samsung Account.
The following settings are available for modification:
- Set homepage: Sets the current home page for the Web browser.
- Auto fill forms: allows you to enter text to be used in your web profile. Tap Add profile, then enter text for the Web form auto fill.
- Suggest search terms and Web suggestions: displays predictions of related queries and popular websites in the address bar as you type.
- Preload available links: allows you improve performance when loading pages.
- Remember form data: Allows the device to store data from any previously filled out forms. Remove the checkmark to disable this function.
- Remember passwords: Stores usernames and passwords for visited sites. Remove the checkmark to disable this function.
- Delete personal data: allows you to delete all personal data such as Browsing history, Cache, Cookies and site data, Passwords, Auto-fill data, and Location access.
Screen and text:
- Text scaling: allows you to preview the text size, scale the text size using a slider bar, set the zoom amount on double tap, and minimize the font size using a slider bar.
- Force zoom: allows you to override the websites request to control zoom.
- Text encoding: adjusts the current text encoding.
- Full screen: allows you to use Fullscreen mode to hide the status bar.
- Text booster: allows you to view PC websites easily by boosting the text size. Note: the layout may change as a result.
- Accept cookies: Allows sites, that require cookies, to save and read cookies from your device.
- Turn on location: Allows websites to request access to your location.
- Block pop-ups: Prevents popup advertisement or windows from appearing on-screen. Remove the checkmark to disable this function.
- Default storage: Allows you to set your default storage to Device or Memory Card.
- Website settings: View advanced settings for individual websites.
- Turn on notifications: Allows website notifications. Select Always on, On demand, or Off.
- Clear notifications: Deletes website notification access information.
- Reset settings: Restores all settings to default.
- Preload webpages: Allows the browser to preload pages in the background. You can set to Always, Only on Wi-Fi, and Never.
- Load images: Allows web page images to be loaded along with the other text components of a loaded website.
- Open pages in overview: Displays an overview of newly opened web pages.