How To Use Camera Settings - Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Learn how to use camera settings on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S. On the Apps screen, tap Camera > Settings icon. Not all of the following options are available in both still camera and video camera modes.
- Picture size: Select a resolution. Use higher resolution for higher quality. But it takes up more memory.
- Burst shots: Take a series of photos of moving subjects.
- Picture stabilisation: Set the device to automatically detect darker conditions and adjust the brightness of the photo without the flash.
Note: This option is not available when you record videos.
- Face detection: Set the device to recognise peoples faces and help you take photos of them.
- ISO: Select an ISO value. This controls camera light sensitivity. It is measured in film camera equivalents. Low values are for stationary or brightly-lit objects. Higher values are for fast-moving or poorly-lit objects.
- Metering modes: Select a metering method. This determines how light values are calculated. Centre-weighted measures background light in the centre of the scene. Spot measures the light value at a specific location. Matrix averages the entire scene.
- Tap to take pics: Tap the image on the preview screen to take photos.
- Save as: Set the device to save both the rich tone photo and original photo, or only the rich tone photo.
- Effects: Select a filter effect to use when taking photos or recording videos. To download more effects, tap Download. To change the order of effects or hide effects from the list,tap Manage effects.
- Flash: Activate or deactivate the flash.
- Timer: Use this for delayed-time shots.
- View mode: Change the aspect ratio of the preview screen.
- Location tags: Attach a GPS location tag to the photo.
Note: To improve GPS signals, avoid shooting in locations where the signal may be obstructed, such as between buildings or in low-lying areas, or in poor weather conditions. Your location may appear on your photos when you upload them to the Internet. To avoid this, deactivate the GPS tag setting.
- Storage location: Select the memory location for storage.
- Review pics: Set the device to show photos after capturing them.
- Remote viewfinder: Set the device to use as a viewfinder and control the other device to take photos or record videos.
- White balance: Select an appropriate white balance, so images have a true-to-life colour range. The settings are designed for specific lighting situations. These settings are similar to the heat range for white-balance exposure in professional cameras.
- Exposure value: Change the exposure value. This determines how much light the cameras sensor receives. For low-light situations, use a higher exposure.
- Grid lines: Display viewfinder guides to help composition when selecting subjects.
- Volume key: Set the device to use the Volume button to control the shutter or zoom function.
- Voice control: Set the device to take photos with voice commands.
- Reset settings: Reset the camera settings.
Note: The available options vary depending on the mode used.
This guide will work on all Samsung Galaxy Tab S's; including Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5.