How To Transfer Files On Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Learn how to transfer files on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Move audio, video, image, or other types of files from the device to the computer, or vice versa.
- Do not disconnect the USB cable from the device when you are transferring files. Doing so may cause data loss or device damage.
- The devices may not connect properly if they are connected via a USB hub. Directly connect the device to the computers USB port.
Connecting as a media device
Connect the device to the computer using the USB cable.
- Open the notification panel, and then tap Connected as a media device > Media device (MTP).
- Tap Camera (PTP) if your computer does not support Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) or not have any appropriate driver installed.
- Transfer files between your device and the computer.
Connecting with Samsung Kies
Samsung Kies is a computer app that manages media contents and personal information with Samsung devices.
- On the computer, download the latest version of Samsung Kies from the Samsung website.
- On the computer, launch Samsung Kies and connect the device to the computer using a USB cable.
- Transfer files between your device and the computer. Refer to the Samsung Kies help for more information.