Buy Macbook Pro Batteries
If you frequently use your Macbook Pro, you may be required to replace the battery at some point during the life of your computer. Depending on the model of your Macbook Pro, you may have the ability to purchase the battery and replace it within the computer yourself; however, some models of the Macbook Pro contain a built-in battery that will require you to take the computer to an Authorized Apple Service Provider (AASP) or send it to Apple for the battery replacement. Regardless of the method you are required to take to replace your Macbook Pro battery, there are a variety of options you can choose from in terms of vendors and pricing. Follow the simple steps below
Battery Replacement Method
Determine the battery replacement method for your Macbook Pro. If you own a Macbook Pro with a built-in battery, you will not have the ability to buy a battery and must take your computer to an AASP.
- Proceed to buy a battery and install it yourself if you own a 15-inch (38.1 cm) or 17-inch (43.18 cm) model of the Macbook Pro.
- If you own a Macbook Pro that is not of the 15-inch (38.1 cm) or 17-inch (43.18 cm) models, you must take your computer to an AASP for the replacement of your battery.
Authorized Apple Service Providers
Visit an AASP for the battery replacement process. This step must only be performed if you own a Macbook Pro with a built-in battery. The prices for having a Macbook Pro battery replaced will vary depending on the AASP you choose for this service.
- Make a reservation at the nearest Apple retail store in your area by visiting the Apple Support link ending in "ht3053," which is included within the Sources section of this article. After clicking on the link for the Genius Bar, you can make a reservation to have the battery replaced at an Apple store in your area.
- You can also locate any other AASP in your area by visiting the Apple Support website link containing the phrase "macbookpro," which is provided to you in the Sources section of this article. A list of AASPs by region will be displayed upon clicking on the link for "Apple Authorized Service Provider."
Buying Macbook Pro Batteries
Buy a Macbook Pro battery directly from Apple. You can purchase a battery from most Apple retail stores or from the Apple website.
- Visit the Apple "Battery Replacement" website provided to you in the Sources section of this article, then scroll down to the "Notebook Owners" section of that particular article.
- Click on the link for the model of your Macbook Pro in order to proceed to the battery checkout. In most cases, the Apple website will offer free shipping, but return policies will vary between 14 days and several months depending on the time of year you purchase the battery.
- You can also visit any Apple retail store in your local area to buy the battery; however, pricing will vary depending on the region in which you reside.
Buy Macbook Pro batteries from any vendor on the Internet. A variety of vendors and major retailers, such as Amazon, sell Macbook Pro batteries online.
- Visit any Internet search engine and enter keywords such as "buy Macbook Pro battery" or "Macbook Pro batteries for sale." You will then be provided with a list of search results for vendors and online retailers that sell batteries for your computer.
- Review the return policy of the online vendor before you purchase your battery. This may protect you from any financial losses if the battery is defective or if you are sent the wrong battery.
- Verify that the vendor is legitimate before you enter your payment information. This can be done by calling the vendor's phone number or checking the address and may help you with determining the legitimacy of a particular online business.
If you own a Macbook Pro that allows you to install the battery yourself, you can follow the installation directions on the Apple Support website, the link to which is provided within the Sources section of this article.