How To Use Nike + iPod On iPhone 5
Learn how to use Nike + iPod on your iPhone 5. With a Nike + iPod Sensor (sold separately), the Nike + iPod app provides audible feedback on your speed, distance, time elapsed, and calories burned during a run or walk.
The Nike + iPod app doesnt appear on the Home screen until you turn it on.
- Turn on Nike + iPod: Go to Settings > Nike + iPod.
Nike + iPod collects workout data from a wireless sensor (sold separately) that you attach to your shoe. Before you use it the first time, you need to link your sensor to iPhone.
- Link your sensor to iPhone: Attach the sensor to your shoe, then go to Settings > Nike + iPod > Sensor.
- Start a workout: Tap Workouts, and choose a workout.
- Pause a workout: Wake iPhone and tap Pause icon on the lock screen. Tap Play icon when youre ready to continue.
- End a workout: Wake iPhone, tap Pause icon, then tap End Workout.
- Change workout settings: Go to Settings > Nike + iPod.
- Calibrate Nike + iPod: Record a workout over a known distance of at least a quarter mile (400 meters). Then, after you tap End Workout, tap Calibrate on the workout summary screen and enter the actual distance you covered.
- Reset to the default calibration: Go to Settings > Nike + iPod.
- Send workout data to nikeplus.com: With iPhone connected to the Internet, open Nike + iPod, tap History, then tap Send to Nike+.
- See your workouts on nikeplus.com: In Safari, go to nikeplus.com, log in to your account, and follow the onscreen instructions.
This article will work on all iPhones using iOS 6; including iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPhone 5.