- Written By: Ajay
- Category: Mobile Guides
- Publish Date:
- Views: 2478
Learn how to transfer contacts using a PC (Windows or Mac) on your Sony Xperia Z. You can use a PC to transfer contacts from several device brands, including iPhone, Samsung, HTC, and Nokia.
- An Internet-connected PC running Windows® or
- An Internet-connected PC running Mac
- A USB cable for your old device
- A USB cable for your new Android™ device
- Your old device
- Your new Android™ device
Using the PC Companion program to transfer contacts
If you are transferring contacts using a PC, use the PC Companion program. It's free, and the installation files are already saved on your new device. PC Companion also offers a range of other features, including help to update your device software.
To install PC Companion
- Sony Xperia Z: Turn on your new Android™ device and connect it to a PC using a USB cable.
- Sony Xperia Z: Tap Install to install PC Companion on the PC.
- Computer: If a popup window appears to notify you about available PC software, select Run Startme.exe.
- Computer: Click Install to start the installation, then follow the instructions to complete the installation.
To transfer contacts to your new device using PC Companion
- Make sure that PC Companion is installed on your PC.
- Open the PC Companion program on the PC, then click Contacts Setup and follow the instructions to transfer your contacts.
Transferring contacts using an Apple® Mac® computer
- For detailed instructions on how to use an Apple Mac computer to transfer contacts from your old device, go to Transfer your contacts and follow the same instructions mentioned above.