- Written By: Ajay
- Category: Mobile Guides
- Publish Date:
- Views: 3651
Learn how to connect your Sony Xperia Z to your computer. Connect your device to a computer and start transferring pictures, music, and other file types. The easiest ways to connect are using a USB cable or Bluetooth wireless technology.
When you connect your device to the computer using a USB cable, you are prompted to install the PC Companion application on your computer. PC Companion helps you access additional computer applications to transfer and organize media files, update your device, synchronize device content, and more.
Note: You might not be able to transfer some copyright-protected material between your device and a computer.
How to transfer and handle content using a USB cable on Sony Xperia Z
Use a USB cable connection between a computer and your device for easy transfer and management of your files. Once the two devices are connected, you can drag and drop content between your device and the computer, or between your device's internal storage and SD card, using the computer's file explorer.
If you're transferring music, video, pictures or other media files to your device, it's best to use the Media Go™ application on your computer. Media Go™ converts media files so that you can use them on your device.
How to transfer content between Sony Xperia Z and computer using a USB cable
- Using a USB cable, connect your device to a computer. Internal storage connected appears in the status bar.
- Computer: Open Microsoft® Windows® Explorer from the desktop and wait until the internal storage on your device appears as an external disk in Microsoft® Windows® Explorer.
- Computer: Drag and drop the desired files between your device and the computer.
How to transfer content between internal storage and an SD card via USB
- Using a USB cable, connect your phone to a computer. Internal storage & SD card connected appears in the status bar on your phone screen.
- Computer: Open Microsoft® Windows® Explorer from the desktop and wait until your phone's internal storage and your SD card appear as external disks in Microsoft® Windows® Explorer.
- Computer: Drag and drop the desired files between the phone's internal storage and the SD card.
How to transfer files directly from internal storage to an SD card in the Sony Xperia Z
- From your Home screen, tap Apps icon.
- Find and tap Settings > Storage > Transfer data to SD card.
- Mark the file types you want to transfer to the SD card.
- Tap Transfer.
Note: The direct transfer method means that a USB cable connection to a computer is not necessary.