LG K8 LTE & LG K5 Midrange Smartphones Announced For Worldwide Release
Today, LG announced two more handsets for their mid-range K series, LG K8 LTE and LG K5, which will be available in key markets by this week. The LG K8 will be available in regions including Asia, Africa, the Middle East, CIS (Commonwealth of Independent States) and Latin America. The K5 will target customers in Europe, CIS and Latin America and will be launched as LG Q6 in Mexico.
The LG K8 LTE and LG K5 are both 5-inch phones that deliver a feature-rich UX and an advanced camera without the premium price. Both device focus on style over substance thanks to somewhat low specifications, but they should do well enough if they are launched at the right price.
We are aware of the diverse needs and wants of our customers around the world and our goal is to deliver the best products to meet their expectations. The K8 and K5 will be fantastic choices for anyone who is seeking a smartphone with great looks, great looks, at a great price.
The LG K8 offers a 5-inch HD-quality curved “2.5D Arc Glass” display, which probably means 720p resolution. The device will sport an 8-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel camera on the front and popular options such as Gesture Interval Shot and Flash for Selfie. Apart from this, the K8 has a decent spec with a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor of unknown origin, just 1 GB of RAM on the Latin American version and 1.5 GB elsewhere, a 2125 mAh removable battery, and has MicroSD card expansion slot. LG has not specified the amount of internal storage, but we guess it will probably have 8 GB internal storage, as it is a mid-range smartphone. The phone will run Android 6.0 Marshmallow underneath LG’s skin, and its set to sell in gold, indigo, and white colors.
The LG K5 also have a 5-inch screen with a resolution of 854×480 with no curved Arc Glass. The device is a lesser version of LG K8 and it will feature a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor of unknown origin, just 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB internal storage with a MicroSD card slot. The device will sport a 5-megapixel rear camera and 2-megapixel front camera and runs Android 5.1 Lollipop with custom UI. The LG K5 will have a metallic body and comes in gold, silver, and “Titan” colors.
LG has not provided prices for the devices or the exact date of when to expect. We will update you, as soon as we get more details.
LG K8 LTE Key Specifications:
- Display: 5.0-inch HD In-cell Touch
- Chipset: 1.3 GHz Quad-Core
- Camera: Rear 8 MP / Front 5 MP
- Memory: 1.5 GB (EU, NA) / 1 GB (LATAM) / microSD
- Battery: 2,125mAh (removable)
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Size: 146 x 71.5 x 8.7 mm
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n / Bluetooth 4.2 / NFC / USB 2.0
- Colors: Gold / Indigo / White
LG K5 Key Specifications:
- Display: 5.0-inch FWVGA
- Chipset: 1.3 GHz Quad-Core
- Camera: Rear 5 MP / Front 2 MP
- Memory: 1 GB RAM / 8 GB ROM / microSD
- Battery: 1,900 mAh (removable)
- Operating System: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Size: 145 x 71.6 x 8.9 mm
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n / Bluetooth 4.1 / USB 2.0
- Colors: Gold / Silver / Titan