How To Use Weather Notifications – Samsung Galaxy Alpha
Learn how to use weather notifications on your Samsung Galaxy Alpha. Use this feature to receive notifications about severe weather conditions close to your current location.
- This feature identifies your location and provides you with information about severe weather conditions if they occur in your area. The information provided may digger depending on the service provider in your current location. To view information about severe weather conditions and the regions and languages that the information is available in, visit Samsung.com/GeoNews.
- To receive severe weather notifications, connect the device to a Wi-Fi or mobile network.
- This feature may not be available on the region or service provider.
On the Apps screen, tap Settings > Safety assistance > Geo News, and then tap the Geo News switch to activate it.
- Tick Geo News notification pop-ups.
- The device displays severe weather notifications in a pop-up window. You can make an emergency call or send help messages to preset contacts from the pop-up window.
Using the Geo News widgets
- You can view your current location and information about severe weather conditions in your region in the Geo News widget.
- On the Home screen, scroll left and tap the Geo News widget.