How To Use Voice Control On iPhone 6
Learn how to use voice control on your iPhone 6. Make phone calls and control music playback with Voice Control. On iPhone 4s or later, you can also use Siri to control iPhone by voice.
Note: Voice Control and Voice Control settings arent available when Siri is turned on.
Use Voice Control
Turn Siri off in Settings > General > Siri, then press and hold the Home button until the Voice Control screen appears and you hear a beep, or press and hold the center button on your headset. See How To Use Apple headset.
For best results:
- Speak clearly and naturally.
- Say only Voice Control commands, names, and numbers. Pause slightly between commands.
- Use full names.
Change the language for Voice Control
- By default, Voice Control expects you to speak voice commands in the language thats set for iPhone (in Settings > General > International > Language). To use Voice Control in another language or dialect, go to Settings > General > International > Voice Control.
- Voice Control for the Music app is always on, but you can keep Voice Control from dialing when iPhone is locked. Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode (iPhone models with Touch ID) or Settings > Passcode (other models), then turn off Voice Dial.
Note: For specific commands, see How To Make a call.
Siri and Voice Control
You can use Siri (iPhone 4s or later) or Voice Control to control music playback.
Use Siri or Voice Control. Press and hold the Home button.
- Play or pause music: Say play or play music. To pause, say pause, pause music, or stop. You can also say next song or previous song.
- Play an album, artist, or playlist: Say play, then say album, artist, or playlist and the name.
- Shuffle the current playlist: Say shuffle.
- Find out more about the current song: Say whats playing, who sings this song, or who is this song by.
- Use Genius to play similar songs: Say Genius or play more songs like this.
Note: Refer here for more information on iPhone 6.