How To Use Voice Control On iPhone 6 Plus
Learn how to use voice control on your iPhone 6 Plus. Make phone calls and control music playback with Voice Control. On iPhone 4s or later, you can also use Siri to control iPhone by voice.
Note: Voice Control and Voice Control settings arent available when Siri is turned on.
Use Voice Control
Turn Siri off in Settings > General > Siri, then press and hold the Home button until the Voice Control screen appears and you hear a beep, or press and hold the center button on your headset. See How To Use Apple headset.
For best results:
- Speak clearly and naturally.
- Say only Voice Control commands, names, and numbers. Pause slightly between commands.
- Use full names.
Change the language for Voice Control
- By default, Voice Control expects you to speak voice commands in the language thats set for iPhone (in Settings > General > International > Language). To use Voice Control in another language or dialect, go to Settings > General > International > Voice Control.
- Voice Control for the Music app is always on, but you can keep Voice Control from dialing when iPhone is locked. Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode (iPhone models with Touch ID) or Settings > Passcode (other models), then turn off Voice Dial.
Note: For specific commands, see How To Make a call.
Siri and Voice Control
You can use Siri (iPhone 4s or later) or Voice Control to control music playback.
Use Siri or Voice Control. Press and hold the Home button.
- Play or pause music: Say play or play music. To pause, say pause, pause music, or stop. You can also say next song or previous song.
- Play an album, artist, or playlist: Say play, then say album, artist, or playlist and the name.
- Shuffle the current playlist: Say shuffle.
- Find out more about the current song: Say whats playing, who sings this song, or who is this song by.
- Use Genius to play similar songs: Say Genius or play more songs like this.
Note: Refer here for more information on iPhone 6 Plus.