How To Use Videos On iPad Mini
Use the Videos app to watch movies, TV shows, and music videos on your iPad Mini. To watch video podcasts, install the free Podcasts app from the App Store. To watch videos you record using Camera on iPad, open the Photos app.
- Get videos:
- Buy or rent videos from the iTunes store (not available in all areas): Open the iTunes app on iPad and tap Videos.
- Transfer videos from your computer: Connect iPad, then sync videos in iTunes on your computer. See How to sync with iTunes.
- Stream videos from your computer: Turn on Home Sharing in iTunes on your computer. Then, on iPad, go to Settings > Videos and enter the Apple ID and password you used to set up Home Sharing on your computer. Then, open Videos on iPad and tap Shared at the top of the list of videos.
- Watch a video: Tap Movies or TV Shows, then tap the video you want to watch.
- Scale a video to fill the screen or fit to the screen: Tap Fill or Fit icon. Or, double-tap the screen to scale without showing the controls.
- Start over from the beginning: If the video contains chapters, drag the playhead along the scrubber bar all the way to the left. If there are no chapters, tap Start from previous icon.
- Skip to the next or previous chapter (if available): Tap Next or Previous icon. You can also press the center button or equivalent on a compatible headset two times (skip to next) or three times (skip to previous).
- Rewind or fast-forward: Touch and hold Previous or Next icon.
- Select a different audio language (if available): Tap Options icon, then choose a language from the Audio list.
- Show or hide subtitles (if available): Tap Options icon, then choose a language, or Off, from the Subtitles list.
- Show or hide closed captioning (if available): Go to Settings > Videos.
- Watch the video on a TV: See Connecting iPad to a TV or other device on AirPlay.
- Delete a video: In your Library, tap and hold a video until the delete button appears, then tap x delete icon. If you want to delete several videos, tap Edit.
Note: If you delete a rented movie from iPad, its deleted permanently and cant be transferred back to your computer.
When you delete a video (other than a rented movie) from iPad, it isnt deleted from your iTunes library on your computer, and you can sync the video back to iPad later. If you dont want to sync the video back to iPad, set iTunes to not sync the video. See How to sync with iTunes.
Note: This article will work on all iPads using iOS 6; including iPad Mini, iPad 2, The New iPad (iPad 3), iPad 4 (iPad with Retina display).