How To Use Storage Settings – Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Learn how to use storage settings on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S. View memory information for your device and memory card, or format a memory card.
- On the Settings screen, tap General > Storage.
Note: Formatting a memory card permanently deletes all data from it.
Note: The actual available capacity of the internal memory is less than the specified capacity because the operating system and default apps occupy part of the memory. The available capacity may change when you upgrade the device.
View and manage the memory used by the device.
- From the Home screen, tap Apps icon > Settings > General tab.
- Tap Storage.
- The Device memory displays as Total space, System memory, Used space, Cached data, Miscellaneous files, and Available space.
- Tap Used space to view the amount of memory used by applications, pictures and videos, audio, and downloads.
Increase Available Memory
- Tap Cached data to clear all cached data for all apps.
- Tap Miscellaneous files, select unnecessary files (or tap Select all), and then tap Delete.
This guide will work on all Samsung Galaxy Tab S’s; including Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5.