How To Use Security Settings - Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Learn how to use security settings on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S. Change settings for securing the device. On the Settings screen, tap General > Security.
- Encrypt device: Set a password to encrypt data saved on the device. You must enter the password each time you turn on the device.
Note: Charge the battery before enabling this setting because it may take more than an hour to encrypt your data.
- Encrypt external SD card: Set the device to encrypt files on a memory card.
Note: If you reset your device to the factory defaults with this setting enabled, the device will not be able to read your encrypted files. Disable this setting before resetting the device.
- Remote controls: Set the device to allow control of your lost or stolen device remotely via the Internet. To use this feature, you must sign in to your Samsung account.
- ACCOUNT REGISTRATION: Add or view your Samsung account.
- Use wireless networks: Set the device to allow location data collection or to determine the location of your lost or stolen device via Wi-Fi or mobile network.
- SIM change alert: Activate or deactivate the Find my mobile feature which helps locate the device when lost or stolen.
- Set up SIM card lock:
- Lock SIM card: Activate or deactivate the PIN lock feature to require the PIN before using the device.
- Change SIM PIN: Change the PIN used to access SIM or USIM data.
- Make passwords visible: Set the device to display passwords as they are entered.
- Device administrators: View device administrators installed on the device. You can allow device administrators to apply new policies to the device.
- Unknown sources: Set the device to allow the installation of apps from unknown sources.
- Verify apps: Set the device to allow Google to check the apps for harmful content before installing them.
- Security policy updates: Set the device to check and download security updates.
- Send security reports: Set the device to automatically send the updated security reports to Samsung.
- Storage type: Set a storage type for credential files.
- Trusted credentials: Use certificates and credentials to ensure secure use of various apps.
- Install from device storage: Install encrypted certificates stored on the USB storage.
- Clear credentials: Erase the credential contents from the device and reset the password.
Access device information, edit the device name, or update device software.
- On the Settings screen, tap General > About device.
This guide will work on all Samsung Galaxy Tab S's; including Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5.