How To Use Speech Settings - Samsung Galaxy Note Pro
Learn how to use Speech Settings on your Samsung Galaxy Note Pro. Set voice search and text-to-speech options.
From a Home screen, touch Apps icon > Settings icon > Language and input. Touch Voice search to configure:
- Language: Choose a language for your voice input.
- Speech output: Always provides audible readout of text, or only when using Hands-free functions.
- Block offensive words: Block recognized offensive words from the results of your voice-input Google searches.
- Hotword detection: Say Google to launch a voice search.
- Offline speech recognition: Enable voice input while offline. Touch the All tab to download speech recognition for other languages.
- Bluetooth headset: Record audio through a Bluetooth headset, if available.
- From a Home screen, touch Apps icon > Settings icon > Language and input.
- Touch Text-to-speech options and select the preferred TTS engine.
- Touch Settings icon next to the preferred TTS engine and configure. Under General, configure the following:
- Speech rate: Set the speed at which the text is spoken.
- Listen to an example: Play a sample of speech synthesis (available if voice data is installed).
- Default language status: Display the default language in use.
- This option sets your Pointer speed.
- From a Home screen, touch Apps icon > Settings icon > Language and input. To show more information when you mo ve the pointer over items on the screen, touch the OFF / ON button to turn Mouseover ON and then touch Mouseover for the following options:
- Preview and icon labels: Show previews, progress information, speed dial information and icon labels.
- List scrolling: Scroll up and down lists by holding the mouse pointer over the edge of the screen.
- Touch Pointer speed then drag the slider to the right to go faster or to the left to go slower.