How To Use SkyDrive - Nokia Lumia Icon
Learn how to use SkyDrive on your Nokia Lumia Icon. Store your stuff in the clouds. You dont need to worry about freeing memory for your favorites or new apps.
- SkyDrive is cloud storage for all your documents and photos, so you can access, share, or restore them if needed. You can also set it to back up your stuff automatically, so when you take a photo or a video, its copied to your cloud album.
- With SkyDrive, you can access your photos, documents, and more from your phone, tablet, or computer. Depending on the app, you can even continue working on a document right from where you left it earlier.
- There are several places where you can access your stuff on SkyDrive.You can save photos to SkyDrive in the Photos Hub, or manage your office documents in the Office Hub.
Note: To easily manage your stuff in the cloud using your phone, you can download the SkyDrive app from Windows Phone Store.
Save your photos and other stuff to SkyDrive
You can upload files saved on your phone to SkyDrive for easy access from your phone, tablet, or computer. You need a Microsoft account to connect to SkyDrive.
- Tap Photos, and browse to a photo or video.
- Tap . . . > save to SkyDrive.
- Write a caption for the photo, if you want, and tap Write Caption icon.
Note: To set your phone to automatically upload photos or videos to SkyDrive, from the Start screen, swipe left, and tap Settings. Swipe to applications, and tap photos+camera > SkyDrive.
Save an Office document to SkyDrive
- Tap Office, swipe to places, and tap phone. Then tap and hold the file you want to save, and tap save to... > SkyDrive.
Note: You can also save a document to SkyDrive while working on it. Tap . . . > save as..., and switch Save to to SkyDrive. If you change the Save to location, it changes the default location for all files.