How To Use Samsung Keyboard Settings On Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Learn how to use Samsung keyboard settings on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
- From the Home screen, press Menu key and then tap Settings > Language and input > Settings icon adjacent to the Samsung keyboard field.
- From within an active text entry screen, touch and hold Input Methods icon and select Settings icon to reveal the Samsung keyboard settings screen.
- Set any of the following options:
- Portrait keyboard types allows you to choose a keyboard configuration (Qwerty Keypad [default] or 3x4 keyboard).
- Input languages sets the input language. Tap a language from the available list. The keyboard is updated to the selected language.
- Predictive text enables predictive text entry mode. This must be enabled to gain access to the advanced settings. Touch and hold to access the advanced settings
- Swiftkey flow like using Swipe, allows you to enter text by sliding your fingers across the on-screen keyboard. This feature is optimized for use with the on-screen QWERTY keyboard.
- Pen detection enables the handwriting pad whenever the S Pen is detected on the screen.
- One-handed operation sets the on-screen keyboard to reposition and resize for use by either a single left or right hand operation.
- Handwriting allows you to configure the handwriting settings such as: allows you to configure the handwriting settings such as: Input languages, Recognition type, Recognition time, Pen thickness, Pen color, Gesture guide, Tutorial, and About.
- Advanced provides access to additional settings such as:
- Auto capitalization automatically capitalizes the first letter of the first word in each sentence (standard English style)
- Auto-punctuate automatically inserts a full stop in a sentence by tapping the space bar twice when using the on-screen QWERTY keyboard.
- Character preview provides an automatic preview of the current character selection within the text string. This is helpful when multiple characters are available within one key.
- Key-tap vibration enables vibration feedback when you tap an on-screen key.
- Key-tap sound enables auditory feedback when you tap an on-screen key.
- Tutorial launches a brief on-screen tutorial covering the main concepts related to the Samsung keyboard.
- Reset settings resets the keyboard settings back to their original configuration.