How To Use Nearby Devices – Samsung Galaxt Tab 4
Learn how to use Nearby Devices on your Samsung Galaxt Tab 4. Share your media files with nearby devices using DLNA standards, over Wi-Fi.
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- From the Settings screen, touch Connections > Nearby devices. The Nearby devices screen displays.
- Touch the OFF / ON button to turn Nearby devices ON, which activates file sharing. The device name displays under Device name. The default is the model number: SAMSUNG-SM-T537A.
Note: When enabled, the Nearby devices icon displays in the Status Bar.
- In the Advanced section, set the following options:
- Shared contents: Select the content to share. Choices are: Videos, Photos, and Music.
- Allowed devices: Indicate the devices accessible to your device.
- Denied devices: Indicate the devices not accessible to your device.
- Download to: Set whether to download data to Device or SD card.
- Download from other devices: If a nearby device attempts to download data, this setting indicates the response. Options are: Always accept, Always ask, and Always reject.
This guide will work on all Samsung Galaxy Tabs; including Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1.