How To Use Location Services – Sony Xperia Z2
Learn how to use location services on your Sony Xperia Z2. Location services allow applications such as Maps and the camera to use information from mobile and Wi-Fi networks as well as Global Positioning System (GPS) information to determine your approximate location.
If you’re not within a clear line of sight to GPS satellites, your device can determine your location using the Wi-Fi function. And if you’re not within range of a Wi-Fi network, your device can determine your location using your mobile network. In order to use your device to find out where you are, you need to enable location services.
To enable location services
- From your Home screen, tap Apps icon.
- Find and tap Settings > Location.
- Drag the slider beside Location to the right.
- Tap Agree twice to confirm.
Note: When you enable location services, both GPS satellites and Google’s location service get enabled by default. You can disable either option manually.
To allow Google apps to access your location
- From your Home screen, tap Settings icon.
- Find and tap Settings > Google > Location settings.
- Drag the slider beside Let Google apps access your location to the right.
Note: You must be logged into your Google account to be able to use location services.