How To Use Call Settings - Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Learn how to use call settings on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S. Customise the settings for calling features. On the Settings screen, tap Applications > Call.
- Call rejection: Reject calls from specified phone numbers automatically. Add phone numbers to the reject list.
- Answering and ending calls:
- Pressing the home key: Set the device to answer a call when you press the Home button.
- Using voice commands: Set the device to answer or reject a call with voice commands.
- Pressing the power key: Set the device to end a call when pressing the Power button.
- Vibrate when answered: Set the device to vibrate when the other party answers a call.
- Vibrate when call ends: Set the device to vibrate when the other party ends a call.
- Call connect tone: Activate or deactivate the call connection tone.
- Minute minder: Activate or deactivate the minute minder tone.
- Call end tone: Activate or deactivate the call disconnection tone.
- Notify during calls: Set the device to alert you to events during a call.
- Automatic answering: Set the device to answer a call automatically when a headset is connected.
- Automatic answering timer: Set the length of time the device waits before answering a call.
- Outgoing call conditions: Set the device to allow outgoing calls with a Bluetooth headset when the device is locked.
- Outgoing call type: Select the type of outgoing calls to make when using a Bluetooth headset.
- Caller ID: Display your caller ID to other parties for outgoing calls.
- Call forwarding: Divert incoming calls to another number.
- Auto area code: Set the device to automatically insert a prefix (area or country code) before a phone number.
- Call barring: Block incoming or outgoing calls.
- Call waiting: Allow incoming call alerts when a call is in progress.
- Auto redial: Activate auto redial for calls that were not connected or that were cut off.
- Fixed Dialling Numbers: Activate or deactivate FDN mode to restrict calls to numbers in the FDN list. Enter the PIN2 supplied with your SIM or USIM card.
Ringtone and sound settings
- Ringtones and keypad tones:
- Ringtones: Add or select a ringtone for incoming calls.
- Vibrations: Add or select a vibration pattern.
- Vibrate when ringing: Set the device to vibrate and play a ringtone for incoming calls.
- Dialling keypad tone: Set the device to sound when buttons on the keypad are tapped.
Video call settings
- Hide my video: Select an image to be shown to the other party.
- Service provider: Select your voicemail service provider.
- Voicemail settings: Enter the number to access the voicemail service. Obtain this number from the service provider.
- Ringtones: Select a ringtone for new voicemails.
- Vibrate: Set the device to vibrate when voicemails are received.
Internet call settings
- Accounts: Set the device to accept IP calls and set up your accounts for IP call services
- Use Internet calling: Set whether to use IP call services for all calls or only for IP calls.
This guide will work on all Samsung Galaxy Tab S's; including Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5.