How To Search Contacts - Samsung Galaxy Alpha
Learn how to search contacts on your Samsung Galaxy Alpha. You can search for contact, or scroll the list to find one by name.
On the Apps screen, tap Contacts > Contacts. Use the following search methods:
- Scroll up or down contacts list.
- Drag a finger along the index at the right side of the contacts list to scroll through it quickly.
- Tap the search field at the top of the contacts list and enter search criteria.
Once a contact is selected, take one of the following actions:
- Favorite icon: Add to favorite contacts.
- Voice/Video Call icon: Make a voice or video call.
- Message icon: Compose a message.
- Email icon: Compose an email.
Adding shortcuts for contact to the Home screen
Add shortcuts to contacts that you frequently communicate with on the Home screen.
- On the Apps screen, tap Contacts > Contacts.
- Select a contact.
- Tap Menu icon > Add shortcut to home screen.