How To Reset HTC One
Learn how to reset (hard reset) your HTC One. If youre passing HTC One on to someone else or HTC One has a persistent problem that cannot be solved, you can perform a factory reset (also called a hard reset or master reset).
Factory reset will remove apps youve downloaded and installed, your accounts, as well as system and app data and settings. Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a factory reset.
How to do a factory reset from settings on HTC One
- Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap Settings icon.
- Tap Backup & reset.
- Tap Reset phone.
- If you also want to permanently delete media and other data on HTC One, select Erase all data.
- Tap OK.
How to do a factory reset using hardware buttons on HTC One
- If you cant turn HTC One on or access settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the hardware buttons on HTC One.
- Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
- Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
- Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.