Learn how to customize internet settings on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.Use the browser settings to customize the browser on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.
- From the Home screen, touch Internet.
- While viewing a webpage, touch Menu > Settings.
Customize the Browser by using the following options:
- Set home page: View and set the default first page that displays when you launch Internet.
- Form auto-fill: Enable or disable form auto-fill to complete Internet forms with a single click.
- Auto-fill text: If Form auto-fill is enabled, set up the following information:
- Full name: Enter your name.
- Company name: Enter a company name.
- Address line 1: Enter your address.
- Address line 2: Enter any additional address information.
- City/Town: Enter your city and town.
- County: Enter your county.
- Postcode: Enter your ZIP code.
- Country: Enter your country.
- Phone number: Enter your telephone number.
- Email: Enter a valid email address.
Privacy and security
- Clear cache: Delete content and databases stored on the device.
- Clear history: Delete the list of previously-visited pages.
- Show security warnings: When enabled, the browser warns you if there is a problem with a site's security.
- Accept cookies: When enabled, allows the browser to save and read cookie information used by webpages.
- Clear all cookie data: Delete cookie information saved to the device.
- Remember form data: When enabled, stores information you enter into forms to make future forms easier.
- Clear form data: Deletes saved form information.
- Enable location: When enabled, sites you visit can request access to your location.
- Clear location access: Clear location access for all websites.
- Remember passwords: When enabled, saves user names and passwords for sites you visit, to make future visits easier.
- Clear passwords: Clear all saved user names and passwords.
- Enable notifications: Set web notifications access information as Always on, On demand, or Off.
- Clear notifications: Remove web notification access information.
- Force zoom: Override the website's request to control zoom.
- Text size: Use the Preview field and the following controls to configure text size:
- Scale text up and down: Scale the text size up or down using a slider bar.
- Zoom amount on double tap: Set how much to zoom when you double-tap the screen, from 75 to 125 percent.
- Minimum font size: Set the minimum font size, which can range from 1 point to 24 points.
- Inverted screen rendering: Use the Preview screen and the following controls to configure inverted screen rendering:
- Inverted rendering: Enable the display of websites with inverted colors black becomes white and vice versa.
- Contrast: If Inverted rendering is enabled, use this slider to set the contrast, which can range from 100 to 300 percent.
- Select search engine: Choose a search engine from Google, Yahoo!, or Bing.
- Open in background: When enabled, new windows open behind the current window.
- Enable plug-ins: When enabled, Internet automatically loads and runs plug-ins on pages you visit.
- Default storage: Select where Internet stores files.
- Website settings: View and manage settings for individual websites.
- Default zoom: Adjusts the zoom feature. Set to Far, Medium, or Close.
- Open pages in overview: When enabled, displays an overview of newly-opened pages.
- Auto-fit pages: When enabled, Internet automatically sizes webpages to fit your device's display.
- Block pop-ups: When enabled, blocks pop-up windows.
- Text encoding: Choose a default character set for webpages.
- Reset to default: Clear all browser data and reset all settings to the factory defaults.
- Preload search results: Enable the browser to preload high confidence search results in the background to help speed up searches. Options are: Never, Only via Wi-Fi, or Always.
- Load images: When enabled, images are automatically loaded when you visit a page. When disabled, images are indicated by a link, which you can touch to download the picture.
- Quick controls: When enabled, the Application and URL bars are hidden. To access the hidden controls, swipe inward from the left or right edge of the screen to access Quick Controls.
- Google Instant: When enabled, you can use Google Instant when you use Google Search to show results as you type. Enabling this option can increase data use.
Note: This article will work on both Samsung Galaxy Tabs; including Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.