You can install and format Memory Card on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. Your device supports removable microSD or microSDHC memory cards for storing music, photos, videos, and files.
How to Install and Remove a Memory Card on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
For more information about installing and removing a memory card, see How to use Memory Card on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.
Note: To prevent damage to information stored on the memory card, always unmount the card before removing it from the device.
How to Format a Memory Card on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Formatting erases all content from the memory card and prepares it for use with your device.
Formatting a Memory Card Using Your Device
- From a Home screen, touch Apps > Settings > Storage.
- After mounting the SD card, touch Format SD card.
- Follow the prompts to confirm the formatting of the card.
Formatting a Memory Card Using Your Computer
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 with your computer.
- Follow the simple steps after right clicking and clicking on Format on the devices memory card storage.
- For more details; consult your computer and/or memory card reader documentation for information about formatting memory cards.
Note: Formatting a Mermory Card leads to data loss on your device perform a backup before formatting.
This article will work on both Samsung Galaxy Tabs; including Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.