How To Use Change Reading Units – Samsung Galaxy Alpha
Learn how to use change reading units on your Samsung Galaxy Alpha. When you use TalkBack, you can listen to the text on the screen. You can drag your finger up, down, left, or right to select the text you want. By default, the device reads text aloud in the selected area. Or, you can set the device to read text in other reading units, such as lines or paragraphs.
- Select some text to read.
- Drag your finger upwards, and then to the right without releasing it to open the local contextual menu.
- Tap and hold the screen and draw a circle with your finger to explore menus. Then, release your finger when you hear Change granularity.
- Tap and hold the screen again and draw a circle with your finger to explore menus. Then, release your finger when you hear the reading unit you want.
- To change the shortcut gesture to open the local contextual menu, refer to Configure Finger Gesture Settings.
Changing reading units using two-part vertical gestures
When you drag your finger upwards and then downwards on the screen, the reading unit changes. The reading unit changes to page, paragraph, line, word, character, and then default. When you drag your finger downwards and then upwards on the screen, the reading units change in reverse order.
- On the Apps screen, tap Settings > Accessibility > Vision > TalkBack > Settings > Manage gesture > Two-part vertical gesture > Cycle through reading granularities.
- You can listen to the text next to the currently-selected text using the current reading unit. To listen to the next section of text, drag your finger downwards or to the right on the screen. Also, you can listen to the text before the currently-selected text using the current reading unit. To listen to the previous section of text, drag your finger upwards or to the left on the screen.