How To Format Memory Card - Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
Learn how to format Memory card or SD Card on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. Your device supports removable microSD or microSDHC memory cards for storing music, photos, videos, and files.
Installing and Removing a Memory Card
- For more information about installing and removing a memory card, see How To Insert Memory Card - Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.
Note: To prevent damage to information stored on the memory card, always unmount the card before removing it from the device.
Formatting a Memory Card
Formatting erases all content from the memory card and prepares it for use with your device.
Formatting a Memory Card Using Your Device
- From a Home screen, touch Apps > Settings icon > Storage.
- After mounting the SD card, touch Format SD card.
- Follow the prompts to confirm the formatting of the card.
Formatting a Memory Card Using Your Computer
- Right Click on your Memory Card Drive in My Computer and click on Format.
Note: Consult your computer and/or memory card reader documentation for information about formatting memory cards.
This guide will work on all Samsung Galaxy Tabs; including Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1.