How To Enter Text – Samsung Galaxy Alpha
Learn how to enter text on your Samsung Galaxy Alpha. A Keyboard appears automatically when you enter text messages, create memos and more.
Note: Text entry is not supported in some languages. To enter text, you must change the input language to one of the supported languages.
Changing the input language
- Tap Setting icon > Select input languages, and the select the languages to use. If you select two or more languages, you can switch between the input languages by sliding the space key left or right.
Changing the keyboard layout
- Tap Setting icon > Select a language under INPUT LANGUAGES, and then select a keyboard layout to use.
Note: On 34 Keyboard, a key has three or four character. To enter a character, tap the corresponding key repeatedly until the desired character appears.
Using additional keyboard functions
- Tap and hold Setting icon to use various functions. Other icons may appear instead of Setting icon depending on the last function that was used.
- Speaker icon: Enter text by voice.
- Text icon: Switch to handwriting mode.
Note: This feature may not be available depending on the region or service provider.
- Clipboard icon: Add an item from the clipboard.
- Setting icon: Change the keyboard settings.
- Keyboard Type: Enter emoticons.
Copying and pasting
- Tap and hold over text.
- Drag cursor icon to select the desired text, or tap Select all to select all text
- Tap Copy or cut. The selected text is copied to the clipboard.
- Place the cursor where the text is to be inserted and tap cursor icon > Paste. to paste text that you have previously copied, tap cursor icon > Clipboard and select the text.