How To Add Email Account - HTC One M8
Learn how to Add Email Account on your HTC One M8. Set up additional email accounts such as another Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account or an account from a Web-based email service or email provider.
If you're adding a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync or a POP3/IMAP email account, ask your network administrator or email service provider for additional email settings that you may need.
- Open the Mail app.
- Tap Menu icon > Add account.
- Select an email account type from the list of email providers. Otherwise, tap Other (POP3/IMAP).
- Enter the email address and password for your email account, and then tap Next.
Some email accounts allow you to set the sync schedule. By default, HTC One uses Smart Sync to save battery power.
- Enter a name for your email account, and then tap Finish setup.
What is Smart Sync?
- Smart Sync automatically extends the sync time the longer the Mail app is inactive. Set your email account to Smart Sync when you don't need to check new email messages frequently. Smart Sync helps save battery power.
- If you want to receive email messages as they arrive, select another Peak time sync and Off-peak sync schedule in the email account's Sync, Send & Receive settings.