Dropbox For iOS Update Adds Features And Notifications
Dropbox updated its application for iOS devices and added several new features. The most significant is a new viewer for PDF files. The app also now offers push alerts for shared folders and allows files to be sorted by date modified.
Dropbox rolled out version 2.1 of its iOS app with a trio of enhancements in tow. The update, which requires iOS 5.0 or higher introduces a built-in PDF viewer, file sorting by date modified, and push notifications for when someone shares a folder with you (which were also recently added to the Android client). Whether you're a Dropbox power user or the casual type, this new software bump should definitely come in handy.
Dropbox lets you bring all your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Access any file you save to your Dropbox from all your computers, iPhone, iPad and even the Dropbox website!
- Access all your photos, docs and videos from any device.
- 2 GB of space when you sign up -- free!
- Automatically save photos and videos to Dropbox and earn up to 3 GB additional free space.
- Share a link to even your biggest files no more attachments!
- Add files to your "Favorites" for fast, offline viewing.
Use Dropbox to save and share photos and videos in a snap or even take your work on the go. If something happens to your iPhone or iPad, your stuff is always safe in Dropbox!
- View your PDFs in an all-new PDF viewer
- Receive a push notification when someone shares a folder with you
- Sort your files by date modified