Learn how to use Voice Control on your iPhone 5. It lets you make phone calls and control music playback using voice. You can use Siri to control iPhone by voice. Note: Voice Control and Voice Control settings are not available when Siri is turned on.
- Use Voice Control: Press and hold the Home button until the Voice Control screen appears and you hear a beep. You can also press and hold the center button on your headset.
- For best results:
- Speak clearly and naturally.
- Say only iPhone commands, names, and numbers. Pause slightly between commands.
- Use full names.
- Voice Control normally expects you to speak voice commands in the language that’s set for iPhone (in Settings > General > International > Language). Voice Control settings let you change the language for speaking voice commands. Some languages are available in different dialects or accents.
- Change the language or country: Go to Settings > General > International > Voice Control, and then tap the language or country.
- Voice Control for the Music app is always on, but you can prevent voice dialing when iPhone is locked.
- Prevent voice dialing when iPhone is locked: Go to Settings > General > Passcode Lock, then turn off Voice Dial (available only when Siri is turned off in Settings > General > Siri). To use voice dialing, you must first unlock iPhone.
This article will work on all iPhones using iOS 6; including iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPhone 5.