Updating iPhone Firmware
You can keep your device up to date to make use of it. Updating the firmware of iPhone or iPod Touch is very simple, follow the steps below
- Make sure you got the latest iTunes installed, iTunes 8.2 is needed for the 3.0 update.
- With iTunes launched and your iPhone plugged in click on your iPhone under Devices
- In the window pane to right hand side click on Check for Update.
Note: iPod touch users: When you update your iPod touch you will be sent to the store to purchase the newer firmware for $9.99. Follow the steps to purchase the firmware.
- Now just click Download and Install. Its very important that you do not unplug the iPhone or iPod touch during the firmware update.
- Go here for more details on the latest features and how to update the iPhone firmware