Updating iPod Touch Firmware
The updating of iPod Touch firmware is very simple, follow the simple steps below
- Plug in the iPod touch and open iTunes.
- Click on the iPod touch under Devices.
- Now you should be in the Summary tab which shows which software version the iPod touch is currently running along with the serial number.
- Just below the iPod section is Version if theres a newer firmware than there will be a Update button. Press that to begin the update.
- A dialogue box will appear to verify your actions. Click update to continue.
- Note: Although most updates are free there are certain firmware upgrades which may need to be purchased.
- iTunes will begin downloading the new software. When its done downloading it will automatically update the firmware. Give it a few minutes to do that.
- The iPod touch may reboot a few times be careful not to unplug it till its done.