Transfer Your iPad Data To iPad 2
To transfer all your apps, like music, movies, apps, and settings from your old iPad to new one, make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your PC. To remain completely safe, upgrade your iPad to the latest iOS version.
- This is a very simple process, if you are familiar with iTunes and backing up or restoring data on your iPhone or iPad. Simply follow the steps below
- Connect your iPad 1 to your PC or Mac.
- If iTunes doesn’t start automatically, simply open iTunes.
- Under “Devices”, locate your iPad.
- Right- or Ctrl-click it and choose Backup.
- After Syncing is done, unplug the iPad 1 and plug in the iPad 2.
- iTunes will prompt you to either set up as a new iPad or restore from a backup.
- Choose Restore from a backup and select the backup you just created and click continue.
- Once the restore process completes, you iPad 2 will reboot.
- iTunes should re-detect and begin to transfer settings and data.
- Once it completes, you’re done. Your iPad 2 should have all your settings and data from the iPad 1.