Create Folders On iPhone
The folders will reduce the clutter on your iPhones screen and group similar apps together. The article will help you to learn how to create, name, edit, and delete folders.
- To create a folder, you'll need at least two apps to put in the folder. Identify the two.
- Tap and hold the app until all apps on the screen start shaking. This is the same process as is used to rearrange apps
- Drag one of the apps onto the other. This will create the folder. At the bottom of the screen, you'll see the two apps and a name for the folder. If you want to add more apps to the folder, keep dragging them into this area.
- You can edit the name of the folder at this stage (or later) by tapping on the name and using the onscreen keyboard.
- When you've added all the apps you want to the folder and edited the name, click the home button on the front center of the iPhone and your changes will be saved (just like when re-arranging icons).
- To edit an existing folder, tap on the folder and hold until it begins to move. Tap it a second time and the contents on the folder will be revealed at the bottom of the screen. Drag more apps in to add them or drag them out to remove them. Edit the name of the folder by tapping on the text. Click the home button when you're done.
- To delete a folder, simply drag all the apps out of it.