Reset Your Android Phone
The Android Phones vary somewhat in their approach, with minor user interface and feature differences from device to device, due to these there are multiple methods of accomplishing tasks on what device and what version of Android OS you are using. Follow the simple steps below to resetting your device to factory settings.
- Tap the Settings app on your devices home screen. The Settings app can have varying icons depending upon on your specific device, and may be also be found within the App Tray or by pushing the phones dedicated menu button.
- Depending on your device, the Factory data reset feature may be located in one of two sections within the settings app.
- Select the Privacy settings tab
- Select the SD & phone storage settings tab if "Factory data reset" isn't located in "Privacy"
- Select Factory data reset
- Tap Reset Phone to delete all data and restore back to your devices factory settings.
- Confirm the process by selecting Erase everything". This will delete all data and restore back to your devices factory settings.
You don't necessarily have to restore your phone to its factory settings in order to simply restore the Google account synced with your device. Different Android OS-based devices have slight user interface design differences.