How To View Photos And Videos With Photos App On iPad
Photos app lets you view photos, and videos that you capture on or sync to iPad. Continue reading the article on how to view photos and videos through Photos app on iPad.
- Camera Roll album: photos and videos you take with the built-in camera, or save from an email, text message, webpage, or screenshot
- Photo Stream album: photos streamed from iCloud
- Last Import album: photos and videos imported from a digital camera, iOS device, or SD memory card
- Photo Library and other albums synced from your computer
Note: On an iPad without a camera, the Camera Roll album is named Saved Photos.
How to view photos and videos on Photos
- Tap one of the buttons at the top of the screen. For example, tap Album, then tap an album to see its thumbnails. Tap a thumbnail to see the photo or video full-screen. You can also pinch to open or close an album, view a photo or video full-screen, or return to thumbnail view.
- Albums you sync with iPhoto 8.0 (iLife 09) or later, or Aperture v3.0.2 or later, can be viewed by events or by faces. You can also view photos by location, if they were taken with a camera that supports geotagging.
- Show or hide the controls: Tap the full-screen photo or video.
- See the next or previous photo or video: Flick left or right.
- Zoom in or out: Double-tap or pinch.
- Pan a photo: Drag the photo.
- Play a video: Tap Play icon in the center of the screen.
- Stream a video to an HDTV: See How To Use AirPlay On iPad.
- Edit photos or trim videos: See How To Edit Photos On iPad, and How To Trim Videos On iPad.
How to view slideshows on Photos
- View a slideshow: Tap Slideshow. Select slideshow options, and then tap Start Slideshow.
- Stream a slideshow to an HDTV: See How To Use AirPlay On iPad.
- Stop a slideshow: Tap the screen.
- Set additional options: Go to Settings, and then Photos.
How to organize photos and videos
You can create, rename, and delete albums on iPad to help you organize your photos and videos. Create an album: When viewing albums, tap Edit, then tap Add. Select photos to add to the new album, then tap Done.
Note: Albums created on iPad arent synced back to your computer.
- Rename an album: Tap Edit, then select an album.
- Rearrange albums: Tap Edit, then drag up or down.
- Delete an album: Tap Edit, then tap Delete icon.
This will work on all iPads; including original iPad, iPad 3, iPad 2, and your new iPad.