How To View About Device On Samsung Galaxy Note 2
The About Device menu contains legal information, system tutorial information, and other phone information such as the model number, firmware version, baseband version, kernel version, and software build number on Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
To access phone information:
- From the Home screen, press Menu key and then tap Settings > About device. The following information displays:
- Software update: allows you to connect to the network and upload any new phone software directly to your device. The device automatically updates with the latest available software when you access this option.
- Status: displays the Battery status, the level of the battery (percentage), the Network connection, Signal Strength, Mobile network type, Service State, Roaming status, Mobile network state, My phone number, ERI version, IMEI number, IMEI, IP address, Wi-Fi MAC address, Bluetooth address, Serial number, Up time, and Device status.
- Legal information: This option displays information about Open source licenses, Google legal information, as well as License settings. This information clearly provides copyright and distribution legal information and facts as well as Google Terms of Service, Terms of Service for Android-powered Phones, and much more pertinent information as a reference. Read the information and terms, then press Back key to return to the Settings menu.
Note: To find your devices DivX registration code and information about registering your device to play DivX protected video, tap License settings > DivX VOD.
- Model number: displays the devices model number.
- Android version: displays the firmware version loaded on this device.
- Baseband version: displays the baseband version loaded on this device.
- Kernel version: displays the kernel version loaded on this device.
- Build number: displays the software, build number.
Note: Firmware, baseband, kernel and build numbers are usually used for updates to the handset or support.