How To Connect To Wi-Fi Networks On Nexus 7
Wi-Fi is a wireless networking technology that can provide Internet access at distances of up to 100 meters, depending on the Wi-Fi router and your surroundings. To use Wi-Fi, you connect to a wireless access point, or hotspot. Some hotspots are open and you can simply connect to them. Others implement security features that require other steps to set up, such as digital certificates or other ways to ensure that only authorized users can connect.
- To extend the life of your battery between charges, turn off Wi-Fi when youre not using it. You can also set your device to disconnect automatically from Wi-Fi networks when its sleeping.
- To work with Wi-Fi settings, go to Settings, Wireless & networks, and then Wi-Fi.
How to turn Wi-Fi on & connect to a Wi-Fi network on Nexus 7
If youre adding a Wi-Fi network when first setting up your device, Wi-Fi is turned on automatically.
- Touch Settings, Wireless & networks, and then Wi-Fi.
- Slide the Wi-Fi switch to the On position.
- The device scans for available Wi-Fi networks and displays the names of those it finds. Secured networks are indicated with a Lock icon. If the device finds a network that you connected to previously, it connects to it.
- Touch a network name to see more details or connect to it, and type a password if necessary.
- Or, if your Wi-Fi router supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup, touch the WPS icon on your tablet, and then touch the same button on your router.
- To modify a networks settings, touch & hold the network name.