How To Use WiFi Settings on Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Learn how to use WiFi settings on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4. The Wi-Fi settings menu allows you to set up many of your devices advanced Wi-Fi services.
- From a Home screen, tap Apps icon > Settings.
- Tap Wi-Fi, and then tap ON/OFF to turn Wi-Fi on.
- Tap More options icon for options:
- Scan: Start another scan for nearby Wi-Fi networks.
- Wi-Fi Direct: Configure a Wi-Fi Direct connection with a nearby device.
- Network notification: Receive a notification when new Wireless Access Points (WAPs) are available.
- Passpoint: Connect to passpoint-enabled Wi-Fi Access Points automatically.
- Sort by: Sort Wi-Fi networks by Alphabet or Signal strength.
- Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep: Specify when to disconnect from Wi-Fi
- Always allow scabnning: Allow Google location service and other apps to scan for networks, even when Wi-Fi is turned off.
- Auto connect: Automatically connect to Wi-Fi networks, even when Wi-Fi is off.
- Install certificates: Install authentication certificates.
- MAC address: View your devices MAC address, which is required when connecting to some secured networks (not configurable).
- IP address: View your devices IP address (not configurable).
Manage networks: Manage your saved Wi-Fi network connections.
- WPS push button: Set up a connection to a WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) router or other equipment.
- WPS PIN entry: View the PIN used by your device to set up a PIN-secured connection to a Wi-Fi router or other equipment (not configurable)
- Share Wi-Fi profile: Select a Wi-Fi profile to share.
- Help: Learn about setting up and using Wi-Fi networks, and other settings.