How To Use WiFi - Nokia Lumia 630
Learn how to use WiFi on your Nokia Lumia 630. Find out more about using the Wi-Fi connection. When out and about, you can connect to Wi-Fi networks in public places, such as a library or internet caf.
Connect to a Wi-Fi
Connecting to a Wi-Fi network is a handy way of accessing the internet. When out and about, you can connect to Wi-Fi networks in public places, such as a library or internet caf.
- On the start screen, swipe down from the top of the screen, and tap WiFi icon.
- Switch Wi-Fi networking to On icon.
- Select the connection you want to use. Wi-Fi positioning improves positioning accuracy when satellite signals are not available, especially when you are indoors or between tall buildings.
Close the connection
- Switch Wi-Fi networking to Off icon.
Note: Your phone connects back to the Wi-Fi network automatically. To change the automatic reconnection time, or to switch Wi-Fi back on manually, tap Turn Wi-Fi back on and the option you want.
Connect with Wi-Fi Sense
- On the start screen, swipe down from the top of the screen, and tap WiFi icon > Wi-Fi Sense.
- Switch Connect to Wi-Fi hotspots to On icon.
Note: Share the Wi-Fi hotspots with your friends who also use Wi-Fi Sense. Switch Share Wi-Fi networks I select to On icon.