How To Use WiFi - LG G Pro 2
Learn how to use WiFi on your LG G Pro 2. With Wi-Fi, you can use high-speed Internet access within the coverage of the wireless access point (AP). Enjoy wireless Internet using Wi-Fi, without extra charges.
Connecting to Wi-Fi networks
- To use Wi-Fi on your phone, you need to access a wireless access point or hotspot.
- Some access points are open and you can simply connect to them. Others are hidden or use security features; you must configure your phone to be able to connect to them.
- Turn off Wi-Fi when you're not using it to extend the life of your battery.
Note: If you are out of the Wi-Fi zone or have set Wi-Fi to OFF, additional charges may be applied by your mobile operator for mobile data use.
Turning Wi-Fi on and connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Touch Apps icon > Apps tab > Settings > Wi-Fi from the WIRELESS & NETWORKS.
- Set Wi-Fi to ON to turn it on and start scanning for available Wi-Fi networks.
- Tap the Wi-Fi menu again to see a list of active and in-range Wi-Fi networks.
- Secured networks are indicated by a lock icon.
- Touch a network to connect to it.
- If the network is secured, you are prompted to enter a password or other credentials. (Ask your network administrator for details)
- The status bar displays icons that indicate Wi-Fi status.
How to obtain the MAC address
- To set up a connection in some wireless networks with MAC filters, you may need to enter the MAC address of your phone in the router.
- You can find the MAC address in the following user interface: touch Apps icon > Apps tab > Settings > Wi-Fi > Menu Key > Advanced > MAC address.