How To Use WiFi Direct - Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Learn how to use WiFi Direct on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S. Wi-Fi Direct connects devices directly via a Wi-Fi network without requiring an access point.
Connecting to other devices
- On the Apps screen, tap Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi, and then tap the Wi-Fi switch to activate it.
- Tap Wi-Fi Direct. The detected devices are listed.
- Select a device to connect to. To connect to multiple devices, tap Multi-connect. To change the device name, tap Menu icon > Rename device.
- Accept the Wi-Fi Direct authorisation request on the other device to confirm.
Sending and receiving data
- You can share data, such as contacts or media files, with other devices. The following actions are an example of sending an image to another device.
Sending an image
- On the Apps screen, tap Gallery.
- Select an image.
- Tap Share icon > Wi-Fi Direct, and then select a device to transfer the image to.
- Accept the Wi-Fi Direct authorisation request on the other device.
Receiving an image
- When another device sends you an image, accept the Wi-Fi Direct authorisation request. The received image is saved in the Gallery > List icon > Album > Download folder.
Ending the device connection
- On the Apps screen, tap Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi.
- Tap Wi-Fi Direct. The device displays the connected devices in the list.
- Tap End connection > OK to disconnect the devices.
This guide will work on all Samsung Galaxy Tab S's; including Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5.