How To Use WiFi Direct On Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Learn how to use WiFi Direct on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Wi-Fi Direct allows direct device-to-device connections via Wi-Fi, without having to connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- From a Home screen, tap Apps icon > Settings.
- Tap Wi-Fi, and then tap ON/OFF to turn Wi-Fi on. Wi-Fi must be on to configure settings.
- Tap More options > Wi-Fi Direct. Your device automatically scans for nearby Wi-Fi Direct devices, or you can tap Scan to start scanning.
- After scanning for devices, select a device, and then follow the prompts to complete the connection.
- Tap More Options > Multi connect to scan for devices that support multi connect. Select the devices and follow the prompts to establish the connections.
- To rename your device (as seen by other devices), tap More options > Rename device.
Sending and receiving data
You can share data, such as contacts or media files, with other devices. The following actions are an example of sending an image to another device.
Sending an image
- Tap Gallery on the All apps screen.
- Select an image.
- Tap Share icon > Wi-Fi Direct, and then select a device to transfer the image to.
Accept the Wi-Fi Direct connection request on the other device. If the devices are already connected, the image will be sent to the other device without the connection request procedure.
Receiving an image
When another device sends you an image, accept the Wi-Fi Direct connection request. If the devices are already connected, the image will be received on your device without the connection request procedure. The received image is saved in the Download folder. To open the folder, open the All apps screen and tap Gallery > Apps icon > Album > Download.
Ending the device connection
- On the All apps screen, tap Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Tap Menu icon > Wi-Fi Direct. The device displays the connected devices in the list.
- Tap End connection > OK to disconnect the devices.
Wi-Fi Direct Status Indicator
Displays when connected to another device using Wi-Fi Direct.