How To Use Shortcuts – Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro
Learn how to use Shortcuts on your Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro. You can add, reposition, or remove shortcuts and widgets from the Home screen.
- Shortcuts: Icons on the Home screen that launch applications.
- Widgets: Self-contained applications. They appear as onscreen applications.
Adding a Shortcut or Widget
You can customize the Home screen by adding shortcuts and widgets.
- From a Home screen, touch and hold on an empty area of the screen until the Home screen pop-up appears.
- Touch Apps icon to display the Apps screen.
- For shortcuts, touch the Apps tab. For widgets, touch the Widgets tab.
- Touch and hold the shortcut or widget, and then drag it to the Home screen and release.
Removing a Shortcut or Widget
Shortcuts and widgets can be removed from the Home screen.
- Touch and hold the shortcut or widget until it detaches, and then drag it to Remove icon and release.
Note: Removing a shortcut does not delete the application; it simply removes the shortcut from the Home screen.
This guide will work on all Samsung Galaxy Tab Pros; including Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 and Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2.