How To Use Samsung Keyboard - Samsung Galaxy Alpha
Learn how to use Samsung keyboard on your Samsung Galaxy Alpha. To display the keyboard, tap the text input field, and then tap anywhere on the screen twice quickly.
- When you touch the keyboard with your finger, the device reads aloud the character buttons under your finger. When you hear the character you want, release your finger from the screen to select it. The character is entered and the device reads the text aloud.
- If Rapid key input is not activated, release your finger from the character you want, and then tap anywhere on the screen twice quickly. To activate the rapid input feature, open the Apps screen, tap Settings > Accessibility > Vision, ans theb tick Rapid key input.
Entering additional characters
- Tap and hold a button on the keyboard. If additional characters are available via the button, a pop-up window appears above the keyboard showing the characters. To select a character, drag your finger on the screen until you hear the character you want, and then release it.
Changing the input language
- To add input languages, open the Apps screen and tap Settings > Language and input. Then, tap Settings icon > next to Samsung keyboard > Select input languages and select the languages to use.
- To change the input language, tap Keyboard icon.
Use the local contextual menu to move the cursor or copy and paste text.
Open the local contextual menu by dragging your finger upwards and then to the right on the screen without releasing it. Tap and hold the screen and draw a circle around the menu with your finger to explore the menu. Then, release your finger when you hear Change granularity. Tap the screen again and draw a circle around the menu to explore the menus. Then release your finger when you hear the reading unit you want.
When you edit text, set the reading unit to either word or character for your convenience. In selection mode, the device selects text according to the reading unit you selected.
Drag your finger up, down, left, or right to listen to the text. When the text you want to edit is read aloud, use the following actions:
- Deleting text: Tap the delete button on the keyboard.
- Selecting text using selection mode: Activate selection mode to select and listen to the text. To activate selection mode, open the local contextual menu and select Cursor control > Start selection mode. Scroll to the left or right to listen to the text before or next to the currently-selected text. To deactivate selection mode, open the local contextual menu and select Cursor control > End selection mode.
- Selecting entire text: Open the local contextual menu and select Cursor control > Select all. All text in the document will be selected.
- Copying or cropping text: Select text using the local contextual menu. Then, open the local contextual menu and select Cursor control. Select Copy to copy the selected text or select Cut to cut the selected text. The selected text is copied to the clipboard.
- Pasting text: Place the cursor at the point where the text should be inserted, open the local contextual menu, and then select Cursor control > Paste.