How To Use Quick Settings On Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
You can use Quick Settings on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2; continue reading on how to use it.
- To view and control the most common settings for your tablet, as well as accessing the complete Settings application, open the Quick Settings panel.
- Touch the Time in the System Bar. The Quick Settings pop-up displays.
- Touch the time at the top of the pop-up to display a Date and time pop-up. Touch Use 24-hour format to enable the 24-hour format. Touch Set date and time to display the Date & time settings screen.
The Quick Settings are:
- Wi-Fi: Touch to enable or disable Wi-Fi.
- GPS: Touch to enable or disable Standalone GPS services.
- Sound / Mute: Touch to enable or disable sound mode.
- Screen rotation: When On the screen rotates automatically from landscape to portrait and vice versa. When Off the screen is fixed in the current mode, either portrait or landscape.
- Power saving: When enabled, your device automatically analyzes the screen and adjusts the brightness to conserve battery power.
Sweep the pop-up to the left to see additional settings.
- Notification: Touch to enable or disable system and application notifications.
- Bluetooth: Touch to enable or disable Bluetooth.
- Driving mode: New notifications are read aloud when enabled.
- Sync: Synchronizes your device with the network. Synchronizes contacts, email, time, and a variety of accounts.
- Brightness: Touch and drag the slider to set the brightness or touch Auto to allow the device to set brightness automatically based on available light and battery charge status.
- Settings: Touch to open the Settings application.
- Notifications: Displays system notifications.
- Touch Clear to remove Notification Icons from the System Bar.
- Touch a notification entry to display the details.
- Close the Quick Settings by touching X in the upper, right corner of the Quick Settings pop-up or by touching outside the Quick Settings screen.
- Quick Settings also display icons under the Notifications heading to alert you to activity on the tablet such as new messages, application downloads, software updates, and more. The following table lists those icons.
- Download Successful: A recent application download or update completed successfully.
- New Email Message: You have new email. Touch Reply to view and answer the email.
- New Gmail Message: You have new Gmail. Touch the icon for additional information.
- Google Talk Invitation: Someone has invited you to chat using Google Talk.
- Wi-Fi networks available: An open Wi-Fi network is in range.
- Samsung account: Set up your Samsung account.
- Software update: There is a software update available for this device.
- Updates Available: Updates to the applications you have downloaded are available.
This article will work on both Samsung Galaxy Tabs; including Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.